It’s been a awhile since I’ve done one of these nomination posts, even though I’ve been nominated since my last such post, but I just couldn’t be asked to make the effort to post every single one of my award nominations.
But one blogger I’m close to nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award so I thought let me return the favour. Huge thanks to Anna from her PenniesToPounds blog (not for the first time and probably not the last either) for thinking of me when she was drawing up her list of nominees and actually nominating me! She’s mad about her food and general lifestyle and her recipes. Shoutout to her! A link to Anna’s blog is here
But without further ado lets get on with the nomination process shall we:
The Rules1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites. – because it’s a decent thing to do!
2. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you has asked you – let’s not be rude here guys
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions of your own – Keep it fresh!
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts. – because how else other people are gonna get nominated
5. Finally – list the rules and show the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
Questions To Me
If you could visit any place on earth right now, where would you choose? Why?
You’ve asked a traveller the ultimate traveller’s question. There are a ton of places that I wanna for the first time or revisit.
I’m gonna go with Cyprus. Definitely Cyprus because I think it’s an island where you can have a fun road trip. There’s plenty of towns and cities in Cyprus that are worthy of exploring from a tourist point of view. Also the native cuisine food over there is supposed to be very exotic and lit. Especially the koupes, which is a Greek-Cypriot meat pie.
You have to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what do you choose?
I actually got this very question at a work training recently. I went with Protein Pancakes and I’m sticking with it! It’s sweet, filling and can build some with muscle it 💪🏾 #GAINS
What is the personality trait you hold in high regard?
For me the one I hold up to highest standards it’d be Honesty/Genuinity. If you try anything passive-aggressive or any form of fakeness from me you’re cancelled. Simple. Even if you didn’t like me as a person I’d actually respect you more for saying it to my face or being real with how you feel about me than putting on fake smiles and giving half-arsed hellos. It’s partly why I can’t stand living in the UK – It’s too conservative for me.
Worst pet peeve?
Oh my God my worst pet peeve is when people talk over me. Especially if it’s grown adults doing it consistently. They don’t seem to have been brought up on the fact know it’s actually rude and impolite. Instead they think they’re the greatest thing since Jesus Christ. I don’t see how your voice and opinion is more important or than the other person’s. Value the person the way you want to be valued. Ohh and by the way – listen to understand and not to reply!
If you could have lunch with one person dead or alive, who would you choose and why?
Martin Luther King definitely. I’m an idealist like he was so I think we’d have super deep convos about our dream lives and the kind if world we wanted to live in. Just as important – I would wanna know what he was thinking when he did his “I Have A Dream!” Speech. His fight for the rights of black people is a legacy we need to turn to and take inspiration from if we want more change – especially today.
It would’ve been great to know what he thought of society today and how much more racially accepting it is and coexistence there is among races – even though there’s still work to do in terms of banishing racism across many forms.
Special mentions to Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Ayrton Senna and Muhammad Ali too.
If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
Hands down a Cheetah – because I could just move super super super duper super duper fast! Simple.
Do you like to cook?
100% I’ve made sure that this year was a year where I put more time in the kitchen to learn new recipes. I think cooking is important for self-care and the skill to provide for others.
What’s top of your bucket list?
Owning a car! A car that runs well too 🙂 It sounds very materialistic and basic but I put a lot of hard-work and time to passing my driving test so personally it would be satisfying. It would be another big step to independence and would grant me more of that freedom!
What is something you pride yourself on?
I think I pride myself in living my life in the right way I think I aspire to live by a strong set of morals, ideals and principles and when I see people who don’t live to those rules and principles that I have – that I believe the world should stand by it just triggers me. I know everyone is different and have their own moral code and are brought up differently and that’s something that I’ve slowly had to accept in this lifetime. Sadly we’re in a society where a lot of people try to portray a certain image of themselves that doesn’t reflect who they really are.
Your stranded on a deserted island and can take 3 things – what do you take?
Ha! The Worst kind question you can ask me. I suck when it comes to being creative and thinkint outside of the box. Honestly I don’t know the answer to that
(Most controversial) Tea or Coffee? And how do you make it?
Ask me a few years back – tea – without question. Now I’m a coffee convert! Ohh and it gets even more controversial – I open up a satchet of caramel latte and pour it into a mug and mix it with boiled water. Give it a nice stir for 30 secs to a minute then squeeze some golden honey into the latte 👌🏾 Yep – coffee’s defo on me guys!
My Questions To My Nominees
1. Who is your real-life superhero?
2. If you had to live in any country in the world for the rest of your life where would it be and why?
3. Android or iPhone?
4. You have only 24 hours left to live before you pass away (Dark I know!) what do you do with it?
5. Super-Speed or Telepathy?
6. If you could go back in time to a point in your childhood for a day when would it be and how would you spend that day?
7. Remember your best day of your life, what made it the best day of your life and how did you feel throughout the whole day?
8. Now remember the worst day of your life, why made it the worst day of your life and how did you feel throughout that day? Yep – I’m taking ya’ll on a emotional rollercoaster
9. What’s the most recent film you’ve watched?
10. Batman or Superman?
11. Are you a sweet or savory person?
And My Nominees Are….
– Alex (@extractsofalex) – extractsofalex.com
– Savannah (@NelsoSav) – sunshinewithsavannah.com
– Ellie (@RedLippedDiva) – ellieslondon.wordpress.com
– The In Between Traveller (@TIBTraveller) – theinbetweentraveller.com
– Elle (@ElleMacUK) – ellemacuk.com
– Batmom (@batmom85) – iambatmom85.com
– DCSpeaks (@dcspeaks1) –
– Millie (@msblife_) – msblife.com
– Aussie Becky (@beckyrosecarver) – eyeful-events.com
– Asian-Loving Becky (@BeckySkel) – treasuredtravels.co.uk
Johnny | Johnny’s Traventures