Before I went to bed early this morning (yeah I was basically up all night binging Netflix in my room) I got an unexpected Twitter notification saying that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Melissa (@hellamelblog), one of my closest and low-key supportive followers from America and a fellow blogger of course, and I want to say a big thanks to her for considering me for the award and I am really honoured to even be nominated. Mel started blogging at the turn of the year and like myself she’s up and coming, predominantly geared towards lifestyle and sharing her personal interests. A link to her blog is right below:
Funny enough earlier this week I was reading posts from bloggers on nominations they got for other awards and I thought I had quite a bit of work to do to be an award nominee so to get my first award nomination as early into my blogging career as I’ve done is very encouraging. Just having one person (like Mel) who holds your passion in high regard and is a big fan of what you do best is so comforting and confidence-boosting. Also on social media I’ve reached a milestone of over 400 Twitter followers so it is a great opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me and the blog so far and and may we garner another 400 followers soon, as well as bring the blogging community together and help it grow.
I believe for each award there is a set of rules you have to follow, including nominating a number of bloggers for the same award, and questions you have to ask and questions of your own you would like your nominees. The main aim being recognition for blogs and connecting bloggers with one another rather than actually choosing the best blogger for something.
Anyway let me stop babbling on and get on with the process shall we 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- List the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Questions I was asked:
- How did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Movies or books: if you could only choose one of these, which one would you pick and why?
- Favorite TV show?
- If you found a 100 dollar bill on the sidewalk, how would you spend it?
- Any advice for aspiring bloggers?
- What is something that no one knows about you (that you’re comfortable sharing about, of course)?
- What do you do in your free time?
- If you were a pizza topping, what would you be and why?
- Would you eat a live worm for 10000 dollars?
- You wake up and realize that you are in a different body. Who is it? What’s the first thing you would do with this new body?
1. I wanted to go travelling for a year or two after graduating from Uni last July because I hadn’t done much of it before and felt like it was something missing from my life. As a result I wanted the experience of travelling to be meaningful and educating to me and others around me rather than using it for vanity (bragging about it basically) on social media so I thought “you know what, let me get back into writing and share my gained travel knowledge and experiences on a different platform”. That’s when I decided to start my blog and so far the rest is history.
2. Cheetah, just for being able to move very fast!
3. Honestly this is a really difficult one but I’m going with movies on this one cosI believe there is more effort from a production, marketing and distribution point of view and more cast and crew who go under-appreciated when a movie is on point!
Although don’t get it twisted I love books too. Both movies and books for me are very good for helping me escape the harsh realities of life when I need to and can be very educating, especially documentary films and autobiographies. I love reading purely for expanding my vocabulary and testing my ability to imagine situations in a story whilst with movies I enjoy studying the themes associated with them and looking at the finer details of what makes a movie good or bad (e.g. character development, plot, story pacing, editing, acting etc.)
4. Another hard question because I’m TV-crazy as well and really enjoy shows across many genres. I’d have to list out my favourite from each genre as it’s so bloody hard to pick one:
Sci-Fi: Doctor Who
Superhero: Daredevil/Jessica Jones/The Flash/Arrow
Fantasy: Game of Thrones (easy one that!)
Comedy: Fresh Prince of Bel Air/Friends
Soap Opera: Hollyoaks
Reality TV: Love Island/Love and Hip-Hop (the original one – not Hollywood, Atlanta etc.)
Political drama: . House of Cards/Designated Survivor
5. Since I live in the UK I’d have to convert it into pounds haha! But after doing that I’d give some of it away to someone less unfortunate than me (i.e. the homeless), put half of the remaining amount donated into my savings and the other half will probably be a treating myself to new clothes/shoes, decorating my room and healthcare in general. As a traveller though I’ll be torn between doing the above and keeping it for a future trip to the US.
6. Show support to get support. I don’t know how much I can stress this to a new blogger, and make sure the support you are giving is as authentic as it can be. It doesn’t have to be commenting on all of their blog posts, it can simply be one comment, liking a post or giving a blogger a follow and letting them know about it and the content you offer, which is another tip; advertise your blog to similar bloggers as often as possible on social media.
Also blog on topics you most enjoy and when you feel like it because that is when the quality of your writing is going to show through. It’s a matter of quality over quantity. I feel as I’m gaining more experience and knowledge the quantity will come naturally.
7. I’ve never been to the theatre to see a play. or musical. Must be because tickets to theatre are surprisingly expensive but it’s on my 2018 bucket list and will make sure I save up enough money to tick it off the list. The musical or play I most want to see is Lion King, mainly because I love the film and a lot of my friends and relatives tell me it’s just as good as the moving animated picture itself.
8. I try and do a lot of things in my free time because life is short and you only live once! I go to gym on a weekly basis, currently on a weight-loss programme where I’m cutting my calorie intake and doing more high-intensity cardio workouts. I listen to podcasts, mainly pop culture debate and football podcasts. Obviously I travel and blog about it lol! Also as mentioned earlier TV and film-crazy, especially when watching film and TV reviews by famous YouTubers, On top of that, I enjoy reading and spending time with friends, meeting new people through online meetups and socials.
9. Pepperoni. Given that it’s my favourite pizza topping and a lot of people love a slice of pepperoni pizza or two so I’d very attractive to people 😛
10. If it’s a healthy one and comes from a farm that is well-maintained and ensures the worm is harmless then why not? Especially when knowing that it won’t be a detriment to my health.
11. I’m the Flash, the Wally West version of the Flash. I look in the mirror to check out my different physique , which includes more abs :p I do my chores at super-speed then try to eat A LOT throughout because I need to consume over 10,000 calories per day to support my faster metabolism and avoid getting super-skinny like a chicken – So that would probably mean I’d have to steal a lot of B&J cookie-dough ice creams from Asda and donuts from Krispy Cremes. Easy! And obviously do the whole crime-fighting thing around London. Easy too!
- Describe yourself in three words
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is the biggest misconception people have about you?
- If you had the chance to travel to anywhere right now where would you go?
- What are your top 3 TV shows right now?
- What are the three main qualities you look for in a friendship or relationship with a person?
- What are your targets or goals for 2018?
- What do you like doing in your spare time? Or what are your passions and hobbies blogging aside?
- Which three famous people, dead or alive, would you like to have dinner with for one evening?
- What is your pet hate?
- Last question is a riddle: What always runs but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats? (Don’t think about google the answer lol)
- Al Bell – https://www.asimple-view.blog
- Erik – https://www.thetravellingninjas.com
- Annabel – https://www.thewomanintransit.com
- Coco/Chloe – https://www.cocovlondon.co.uk
- Shakya – https://www.queenlikenefertiti.wordpress.com
- Charlotte – https://www.my20staughtme.wordpress.com
- Jerel – https://www.jerelschoices.wordpress.com
- Josephine – https://www.josephinegrant.wordpress.com
- G – https://www.wintermalu.com
- Janae – https://www.thagirlupstairs.com
- Reesh – https://www.venresha.com
That’s me signing off. And I promise this time my next post will be about my day out in Cardiff – that means I’m hoping I’m not getting any nominations till then! Anyway happy blogging 🙂